Re: graphic design for Martha

---------

From: martha (artsymartsy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 11:43:10 PDT

> Martha,
> I would very much like to develop a class like this. How did
> you get started?
>
> Jackie,
It has changed every year. The 1st year had no computers. Started with
history of graphic design. Started with cave paintings. Made art nouveau
posters. Created linoleum prints in german expressionism. Created school
logos in the psychedelic style. The next year had 12 computers installed,
but all did not work, so we went back and forth. Used Photoshop and
Illustrator to alter students' photos and create fonts. Showed students how
to crop, cut parts of photos and paste onto other photos.
Last year we attempted to silkscreen t-shirts, but encountered many
problems.
Martha

---