Re: Color theory in high School

---------

From: martha (artsymartsy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 11:34:03 PDT

Color theory in high School
  Looks like you already have great ideas. I also LOVE color. It is my thing. Just remember that seeing color may come easy to some of us, but others truly can not see it our way. The problem I encounter is students using solid, flat color. I have them create abstract drawings from scribbles using water soluble oil pastels or prismacolor pencils. The goal is to fill in the shapes created among the scribbles. Each shape is colored with a light color on one end and a darker color on the other end of the shape. Then the two colors are blended where they meet. This can create a nice gradation if the students works slowly. When my scanner is hooked up I can email some pcitures.
  Hope this helps a little.
  Martha

---