Re: school sched, plan/conf. periods?

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 08:39:31 PDT

As stated in my previous letter, our Texas law states that
teachers must have 45 minutes of uninterrupted plan till, it can
not be broken up. The wording is somewhat different, but in the
end it means 45 minutes per day of uninterupted time. I know a
district got into a lot of trouble for this, Southeast Texas
area. Teachers who have only one period for conference, can
not be required to do faculty meetings , etc. Now duty can be
before or after school but not during their conferences. It is
a planning period, and conference.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas