Re: school sched, plan/conf. periods?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 08:37:33 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Dcoxslipcovers@aol.com

   . . . Weve gone to an 8 period day, core teachers with 2 periods off and
electives with only 1, 45min
planning. Was at a yearbook training conf. one teacher in our district says
that
she thinks that could be against the law or somthing. (unless we are paid
more). . .

    It probably depends on your contract. In my district we have to have a
certain number of minutes each week. Some people have more, some less. It
does cause conflict. Ten or fifteen minutes here and there can count as
part of our cumulative planning, and we don't always get planning every day.
My planning time is in big segments on certain days, while other days I have
none (except the beginning and end of day). Like I said it most likely
depends on your contract.

Leah

---