Re: school sched, plan/conf. periods?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 08:17:12 PDT

In my district plan time is a negotiated contract item. We are given 260
minutes per week, regardless of whether you teach Kindergarten, MS Science,
HS English, K-12 Art (me), 5-12 Band, etc. Some teachers get more just
because it works out that way (5th & 6th get more time than 3rd & 4th due to
students starting band). They tried one time to have the 5 min. between
classes count as plan time. I asked if MS & HS teachers had to count student
passing time as part of their plan.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> > Hello and thanks so much to all of you, and Michal and Judy. I'm
new
> >to site and it has meant the world to me to have a connection and get
> >feedback. Only my
> >second year and want to "pay it forward" asap.
> > I wondered what typical school MS sched. were for some of you.
Weve
> >gone to an 8 period day, core teachers with 2 periods off and electives
with
> >only 1, 45min
> >planning. Was at a yearbook training conf. one teacher in our district
says
> >that
> >she thinks that could be against the law or somthing. (unless we are paid
> >more)

---