Re: school sched, plan/conf. periods?

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 07:35:22 PDT

Deborah,
If you are teaching more than the other teachers, yes you should
be getting more money. Ask you state association if you have
one (teacher). Here in Texas, we have to. Besides, "No Child
Left Behind" states art as core class. I feel that we need to
clarify that we are a core class like others, we just have
choices as to band, choir, art, etc. It is no different than
students sometimes make choices as the the math class or
science, once they get past the basics (Art I is example of
basic). This is how I feel strongly.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas