Double Print Project from Denise

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 18:17:40 PDT

Denise (Getty member) sent me a couple images for her double print project.
I have asked her to send some more when she prints on tissue paper. That was
always successful with me, too. Eventually, there will be a lesson on
Incredible Art Department using these soft cut blocks. Thanks, Denise for
sharing these images. These are from fifth grade.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/print1.jpg
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/print2.jpg

Here is Denise's original message:

Great stuff- you can carve on both sides. I've done "double prints" with
fifth grade using Safety-Kut (we carved stripe patterns on one side and star
patterns on the other & printed one on top of the other). This year I
ordered Softoleum from Nasco because it is less expensive and thinner than
Safety-Kut. I am going to have students print over a decoupaged tissue
paper
background.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

And her reply to me:
Here are a few images of the double print project. The large example
belonged
to a troubled young man who threw it in the garbage. He had a lot of trouble
at home, but he was a great artist in the fourth grade. Isn't that the way
it
usually goes?

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com