Re: Seasonal Art

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 18:09:01 PDT

BSoviero@aol.com wrote:
> Hi all-
> I am working on a literature/science/kindergarten integrated unit about the
> seasons, I'll pass along when I'm done. I'm sure some of you have already
> done something similar... I'm looking for nice visuals to reference in my
> lesson, I'm drawing a blank on what images/artists to include.

Monet painted the same scene at different times of the year; his
Japanese pond/waterlily paintings come to mind. Thomas Cole had a
series whose name escapes me, something like the Seasons of Life; an
allegorical work of the stages of human life (they're landscapes with
tiny figures). O'Keefe had desertscapes at different times of year.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Maggie

---