Becky Thorton email is safe

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 10:57:19 PDT

Re: Ideas for 1st day of 1st yearI will use this opportunity to answer Sara to the list.

Please don't post to the list that a list member's mail contains a virus (99% of the time it is not really from a list member). Then everyone is leery to open their mail. I think someone even announced to the list once that they got a virus email from me. Which I KNOW for a fact was not the case (I save all mail I send). Remember now that virus email somehow grabs someone's address and sends out the mail with that email address as the sender. I have even gotten some from my email address. I don't know how people find the time to create such viruses and can not imagine what kick they get from it. If you get an email from a list member that comes with an attachment - simply save that email to your desktop and run a virus scan on it. I didn't do that with the Becky one because my Mailwasher showed me it contained a virus. I tried to get Becky to answer me directly so I could ask her if there was a file I needed to see from her since the subject was the name of an artist. Three other list members sent me her email address (and I thanked them) - but unfortunately, her server bounced my mail....So... Now I have to post to the list.

Becky, if you see this and if you sent me an attachment - please copy and paste into an email and send it to me again. I can not ask you personally since your server bounces my mail. I have had this happen with many list members. I have had servers all over the world label my mail as spam. Now I just don't let that bother me.

Thanks Sara for asking. Just save the mail to your desktop and run a scan on it to be sure. All of the mail I have opened from Becky has had some good information.

Sorry Becky if I caused some embarrassment - that was NOT my intention. I was intentionally called a "Human Virus" by an administrator and I did not like that one bit. I guess that must have been his mother's fault for not teaching him that name calling was wrong (smile).

Judy