Valuable list of Art Resources going off the Web

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 13:45:07 PDT

Judy wrote to tell us:

> these resource links will be removed for the web:
> http://falcon.jmu.edu/%7eramseyil/arteducation.htm
> Click on the link to the home page and you can find the reason for removing
> them from the web.

I read the reasons and it should be a concern for all of us. We need to be
constantly aware of not only the wonder of the web, but the potential for
abuse and misuse. We need to be teaching ethical use of the web. In my own
research, I am constantly cutting and pasting, but being very careful to
note the source. It's very easy to think you can steal a bit here or there
and nobody will know. Take note of the recent cases with so-called
professionals getting caught. This gets tougher and tougher all the time.
We have a generation of kids stealing music constantly - they think it's
okay.

Patty

---