Edward Weston NYT Article to forward

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 10:00:10 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Linda Woods asked me to share this New York Times article with the lists.
Rather than posting it to everyone (a long article) I thought it would be
easier for you to request it and I will forward it. I don't have the
origianl Times article but will forward what Linda sent to me. (email off
list Jdecker@woh.rr.com - PLEASE do not reply to the list as I am the only
one offering to forward it)

Here is how it starts out (some of you may subscribe and have read it)

When Edward Weston's Eye Feasted on His Beloved California

July 24, 2003
By BERNARD WEINRAUB

LOS ANGELES, July 23 - At age 20, Edward Weston, a
struggling photographer, moved from Illinois to Southern
California, beckoned by his sister, May Seaman. "This is
the place for you without an atom of a doubt," she wrote.
"Every year you spend back East is so much loss to you.
This is the country you have been longing for."

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/