Re: Midwest Art Schools...

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 07:09:36 PDT

We've had the rep from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago visit us
twice. I was very impressed with their offerings.

He said that there were really very few students that apply for
scholarships...which are out there. They give out 25 per year, and had only
eight that had applied. There are many opportunities for broadening a
student's art interests in Chicago...such as the museum- Art Institute of
Chicago, the Palette and Chisel Academy (which is like an athletic club
membership type thing)...and so forth. Here's the Art Institute's link-
http://www.artic.edu/saic/ My son will be looking to further his
illustration skills there shortly. Himself growing to be known
internationally as a caricaturist, working at this time for "Cracked"
magazine...."Cornerstone" and so forth. Quality stuff....

Larry S.

---