Re: RE: yes ma'am

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 05:09:48 PDT

I started called the students by "you". They then got upset
because I didnt know there names. I reply - " you call me
Miss"". Some lights went on. Another game I play, but always
feel there is a lesson is the "Can I" question. "Can I go to
the bathroom" - "no" is my reply. "May I go to the bathroom"-
"yes" is my reply. Boy can I start some war on this one. Soon
they figure it out. Students start telling others to say "May
I". They do listen.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas