RE: Eric's need for Art1-4 information

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 03:54:01 PDT

This is a reply to Eric's plan to move up to the high school. The program
has not been in place long enough for their to be students who have had four
years of art. So you will have student who may have had one or two years of art.
I suggest planning a balance of skill building and imagination based assignments
and art appreciation. Keep the size of artworks a reasonable size.
small to medium.... think about assignments that would extend or be based in
what you have taught them in middle school ( sequencing the program) Our program
has been really rocky because the other art position at our school was part time
for 9 years and three teachers came and went,each with their own bent on the
curriculum. I have some of the art one curriculum converted and I will send it
directly to you if you wish to contact me off line.

---