Re: yes ma'am

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 23:55:06 PDT

when the student says "Miss! Miss!" i calmly keep working with whomever i am helping at the time and ignore the one who hasn't taken the time to learn my name or who is too lazy to use it. When the same student says, "Mrs. Kizis, would you please come over here when you"re done?" I respond "I'd be delighted to."
Students I have had previously inform the new ones that they only have 6 or 7 teacher's names to learn and I have to learn 175 names and "she won't help you if you don't learn her name." I tell them that even an old lady like me can learn all their names and it is a sign of respect when I use it and I expect the same from them.
nancy in north texas