RE: yes ma'am

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 17:13:41 PDT

Respect can be shown in some unusual ways. I am often called "Hey,
Peshette" by some of my favorite at-risk students. I know that they are
doing it out of a space of being comfortable with me, my room and my
expectations. In these cases, I don't mind. I often answer with "Yah,
dude?" I can instantly tell when my last name being used in a disrespectful
way and then I'm all over that kid!

Considering what some kids COULD do with my last name; I'm grateful to be
called "Hey, Peshette" at times!

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School