High School Curriculum (from Randy) - & Drawing

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 12:49:53 PDT

(FYI Randy) Thanks to whom ever it was who posted a request for high school
curriculum (ArtsEdNet list). I am way behind on just reading my mail. Here
is a direct link to all of Randy's files that she sent to me in Rich Text
(these will take a while to load).

The second batch of files:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Randy2.rtf

The first batch of files (just ignore any duplication - I'll go over them
all before I link to the site - I am just sending them all to you now):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Randy.rtf

Here is one of Randy's files (an 8 1/2 x 11 poster)

4 Ways to Improve Your Observation Drawing Skills

1. Control your light source/try for side lighting

2. more shading and gradations of value. Don't outline

3. Really LOOK carefully and constantly at who you are drawing . Hold the
drawing next to the subject if you have a problem compare the two.

4. No Talking please. Science has proven speaking shuts off the area of
your brain that is sensitive to detail and precise drawing. People who talk
while drawing make poor drawings and distract the other people trying to
draw.

I always told my kiddies I couldn't draw and talk at the same time...Gosh I
didn't know it was scientific (smile).
When drawing detail was important - that was time for music. I just went
around and talked quietly to students who needed help.

World list - I have posted a bunch of files this summer. They are not linked
up to the site yet. I will compile a list of everything and send it to all
lists in the fall (many ArtsEdNetters sign off for the summer). I have
plenty of linking and page design work to do to keep me busy. If you have
any files for sharing, send them to me via attachment and I will get them to
all lists. I will translate into English using Reverso.

Thanks SO MUCH Randy....Sorry I was so pokey at getting them online. I have
just been busy - just needed to take the time to put them all together.

Randy's second batch contains:
O'Keeffe info sheet, Hopper info sheet, surrealism definition, list of
American Artists (she had African American too - but those are all on my
site - from her same list), drawing hints poster, art vocabulary handout,
perspective handout and assignments.

Folks - my machine will now change Word to Rich Text...It just doesn't want
to share the files I translate to Rich Text myself yet - Maybe if I hold my
breath and count to ten it will do that....So....if you have files to share
and have the ability to change to Rich Text Format - please do so as that is
a format that can be shared by both Mac and PC.

Send good stuff you have to share with teachers around the world.

Off to the grocery....

Sensational Sunday!

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com