Re: No Child Left Behind

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 08:15:18 PDT

Our county says 95% by 2005. We're doing great at our school, which has an ESL program, by the way. We are at 96.3% as of last year. It is ridicuous, though, to expect 100% to be at grade level, if not impossible.

Pam Smith <thinkart@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:I agree that if we focus on only the testing and subjects that are being
tested, most children will be left behind. "No Child Left Behind" is good
concept, however, to expect the testing to be at 100% is ridiculous. It is
going to take more than a unreachable mandate to teach our children what
they need to learn.

No Child Left Behind = No teacher left standing and very few students will
show progress.

Aloha Pam