Re: How to make mosaic tiles-Barb

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 20:06:41 PDT

Barb-
How did you keep them from warping when drying? I want to try making tiles this year and have no idea. I just know that slabs warp and curl..............

Badwtl@aol.com wrote:
Hi...I had students make a "ton" of tiles by rolling balls of clay and then flattening them with stamping tools they made....if they make the balls all about the same size the tiles come out the same.....or at least about the same size....we glazed some....(used some to test glazes) some we left....and used white, red, and brown, tan, clay....Hope this helps....Barb in Michigan