How to make mosaic tiles

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 17:21:05 PDT

Hi all. One of the projects I want to do with some of my advanced 7th and
8th grade students is to make mosaics. However the box of tiles are pretty
expensive and I wasn't able to budget them this year. Maybe next. However I
thought perhaps I could make the tiles and then fire and glaze? The only
problem I have is how to do this? ANyone have any suggestions, tips, etc.
What size should I go for? Has anyone ever done this?
Thanks
LeAnn

---