Re: latework and taking it home to finish

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 16:53:04 PDT

> done at home, though, because I learned my lesson well by getting raggedy
> work turned in and good projects ruined after being crammed into a
backpack.

I agree with Bunki. When it was something I really wanted for display or the
art show, I allowed time after school for the student to finish.
I did grade unfinished work...as there were always steps that were finished.
I never failed a student who turned in a project if they were working toward
the objectives (especially if they were not a discipline problem). If a 2-D
project had to go home, I made a cardboard folder for it so the work was not
folded (students had to bring the work down to my room then in the morning
when they returned it). Supplies were taken home in a large envelope and
signed out. 3-D projects were the ones I went out of my way to get students
to finish at school because so many said they never had time to finish
theirs in elementary. I have found time and time again it is those three
dimensional projects that the kids treasure most.

Judy

---