Re: Need Advice (again!)

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 21:12:35 PDT

what about that fake water stuff that dries really
hard that they sell at hobby lobby and florist shops?
is that vague enough for you? lol...all i know is that
have seen it poured into vases to look like water and
it is very clear and hard...he he...maybe i should
have kept the thoughts to myself tonight! - mikel
--- The Austin's <whest177@wheatstate.com> wrote:
> Ok, my hand book is finished and I decided to
> re'tackle a table I was working on. It wasn't
> working for me so I shoved it in the corner - now
it's coming together nicely. What it is is a coffee
table - low, 18"x28" long. The top originally held
something (this was a dumpster find), but now has a
recessed area, just the size of dominos, checkers,
> etc. I have created a design using these playing
> pieces and I love the way it looks, but before I
> glue them down I was wondering if there is some
> of clear "filler" that I can pour over the
> thing to make a smooth surface and fill in the
> spaces. I don't know if I'm describing this
> correctly - if anyone needs a visual I can take
> picture of what I've got so far and post on my site.
I was thinking of a boat resin (???) or something