Re: Could you draw.....

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 20:30:11 PDT

Michele Berlin wrote:

> However, that still didn't solve the rest
> of the school problem. Basically, I give them the I am on a budget just
> like you and I have nothing to spare speech. So far it has worked. As
> much as I love the Kmart sign idea and am tempeted to use it, somebody
> will take it personally and report me to my AP. Love the kids, hate the
> politics!

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but each school year--beginning AND
end, I sent out a memo addressed to all club and class sponsors that I
didn't have supplies for the whole school, and to make sure they budget
and plan ahead to buy some. Of course, that was too hard for some
people, so I usually had really crappy brushes for them to use, and some
scrounged, often smelly :) tempera.

For the few teachers with whom I had a symbiotic relationship, their
students were welcome to use supplies as long as they used them in my
classroom after school.

Maggie

---