Re: Pet Peeve: Art Supply Theives!

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 20:03:20 PDT

Send them to the offfice to ask them for the needed supplies--then maybe
they'll get the message to buy some and keep there! I tell students
that I don't have extra (which is sadly true) and ask the office! I ran
out of tempera paint and drawing paper one year 'cause I couldn't say
no. My biggest peeve is sending a student to borrow something in the
middle of class. How can anyone stop teaching 25 six graders to go look
for some yarn? (Or whatever!) I now just tell them to come back between
classes. I also learned to "check out things" to teachers by writing it
down on post-it notes and put in my planning book so I could remember
who had my stuff. (Like 20 pairs of scissors) Debby :-)

BluesTruth@aol.com wrote:

> YES! The same thing happens to me--all the time, and I work in a very
> poor school and the supplies either comes out of my own pocket OR I
> get donations!!! Who do these people think they are?!? What do you
> say to these people that you have to look at everyday and work with?
> My favorite one is sending the kids to beg for supplies. It happens
> all the time.
> Jill (BT) ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---