Re: Speaking of respect...

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 18:49:36 PDT

 ;-) My kind of teacher!!!! I always tell my student-teachers "ya have
to master the glare and the body posture"! They understand after they
have taught for a couple of weeks. It just clicks in! Also, the voice!
and eyes in back of head, oh and hearing everything at once and last
 but not least, you must be able to carry on a conversation while your
eyes roam constantly over the room and the other student's question is
answered. Debby

Alix Peshette wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes maam and yes sir are how I answer my kids when they have questions
> and I'm on-the-fly! It also covers the fact that I have anywhere from
> 160 -190 kids a quarter and don't always remember names right off the
> bat. All those 7th graders begin to look a like; cute as a button, 4
> foot nothing tall. I think I am running low on RAM memory or
> something after 25+ years of teaching! ;-)
>
> I also call my kids "Ladies and Gentlemen" when I announce that I want
> their attention, when it's time to start work or time to stop and
> clean up. Respect is a two-way street. I seldom have problems with
> disrespectful behavior. But hey, I'm a middle aged woman with a
> well-honed evil teacher glare and an overly dramatic manner!!

---