Re: softcut vs. linoleum block

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 18:05:18 PDT

softcut vs. linoleum block

    Nasco has "Soft-Cut" , really great stuff, but not an accepted material for Speedball contests. They insist on Linolium block. ( Hate it) Too many accidents.
    Patti in Fl. ---

    Lino works great when heated. I just heat their blocks with an iron. When the block cools down the children come back to my desk for another press of the iron. Plus every child is required to wear a heavy winter glove or an oven mitt on the hand that is NOT cutting. No more cuts - not one - ever again.
    Sky in NJ

---