Re: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 16:56:25 PDT

LeAnn Escoffre writes:

> I do miss Georgia, and yes we do slay the language. One word I use here that
> my kids crack up on is Ya'll..
> Heehee.
> LeAnn

Tow of my boys go to college "up North." One in Indiana and one in Iowa.
They say that girls always ask them to repeat stuff if they say "I'm fixin'
to....." Evidently this is really funny. It seems we don't say our
ending g's.
Becky Thornton
Of course, y'all works well too. The boys make sure to stretch the words
out as the girls ask them to repeat things.

---