Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: softcut vs. linoleum block

Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 16:09:33 PDT

In a message dated 7/25/03 4:49:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> By the way, did you know that you can resoften hardened lino blocks by
> putting them on a hot tray?

I found it best to cut linoleum in the winter time when the heat was on.
This way I could lie them on the heater a half hour or so before the kids got to
class. It's difficult and unsafe to carve hard lino blocks. And it's
impossible to heat up an entire class's work on hot trays. I've heard also about
using hair dryers, which I've never tried, but my solution was to do it when it
was coldest outside and the heat would be blasting. Good luck. Eileen