Re: NYT cuts the arts & general questions

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 15:43:14 PDT

I'm a little confused - what concerned you? Do you
feel like you already have too much of your own
curriculum to try to teach without having to
intergrate other subjects? Do you feel if other
teachers integrate art, the art teacher positions will
be illiminated?

Does it concern anyone that perhaps the methods and
processes used to teach math and reading at early
levels aren't working, and instead of focusing on this
problem, the solution is to just allot a longer period
of time during the day to keep not getting through?

Dawn