Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: softcut vs. linoleum block

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:43:31 PDT

I'm torn when it comes to softcut vs linoleum. I know softcut is safer, but I don't like the way it stretches when you hold one end and carve on the other, you know? The kids complain about that.

Bunki Kramer <> wrote:
from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

Nasco has "Soft-Cut" , really great stuff, but not an accepted material for Speedball contests. They insist on Linolium block. ( Hate it) Too many accidents.
Patti in Fl. ---

Really?! Could they tell the difference if you used softcut instead of lino block? After using softcut, I wouldn't WANT to use anything else. Can't understand why it would make a diff. to them as it's the SAME technique and you can do really fine work with it and the product looks the same to me. I think I'll probably never go back to lino ever again. I teach mid. school and besides the pitfalls of lino and cutters, there is the time element. Softcut is way faster. Toodles.....Bunki---

Do you Yahoo!?