Re: not a real teacher thread

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:36:53 PDT

Today I was asked "what do you have to get in college to be an art teacher?"
I told him that it varies, but I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Art Education. He said "SCIENCE?" And I said, Yeah, teaching art is considered a science. Then I proceeded to explain, but he stopped me and said "no, that's ok, I think I understand". I think he realized that my job requires more than drawing Tippy the Turtle and filling out a brochure I saw advertised on TV.

The Austin's <whest177@wheatstate.com> wrote:
I have been asked several times if I make as much $$$ as the other teachers.
I always answer "of course, why wouldn't I?" and naturally I also add "AND I
had to have MORE college courses to become an art teacher". That always
seems to impress them. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids