Re: Need Advice (again!)

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:17:48 PDT

I've used a clear resin from Michael's on mosaic tiles before........it worked really well. Just make sure the "mould" is sealed at corners and edges.

The Austin's <whest177@wheatstate.com> wrote:Ok, my hand book is finished and I decided to re'tackle a table I was working on. It wasn't working for me so I shoved it in the corner - now it's coming together nicely. What it is is a coffee table - low, 18"x28" long. The top originally held something (this was a dumpster find), but now has a recessed area, just the size of dominos, checkers, etc. I have created a design using these playing pieces and I love the way it looks, but before I glue them down I was wondering if there is some sort of clear "filler" that I can pour over the entire thing to make a smooth surface and fill in the empty spaces. I don't know if I'm describing this correctly - if anyone needs a visual I can take a picture of what I've got so far and post on my site. I was thinking of a boat resin (???) or something along that line. Any ideas? TIA!
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids