softcut vs. linoleum block

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 13:08:15 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

From: Artystyc3@aol.com

Nasco has "Soft-Cut" , really great stuff, but not an accepted material for
Speedball contests. They insist on Linolium block. ( Hate it) Too many
accidents.
Patti in Fl. ---

Really?! Could they tell the difference if you used softcut instead of lino
block? After using softcut, I wouldn't WANT to use anything else. Can't
understand why it would make a diff. to them as it's the SAME technique and
you can do really fine work with it and the product looks the same to me. I
think I'll probably never go back to lino ever again. I teach mid. school
and besides the pitfalls of lino and cutters, there is the time element.
Softcut is way faster. Toodles.....Bunki

---