Re: RE: HS questions

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 12:29:18 PDT

I am strong about the due date (last day to work on it in
class). I then give one week before the grading period is up
for students to use morning and afternoons (extra time in class)
to finish. I still have those that don't. I also have the
students sign a contract and take it home for parents to sign
that this is the last I will accept it.

HOWEVER, this last spring, I got called down for not following
school board policy which means I am to deduct points for late
work. When other teachers found out that I was not following
the policy, low and behold, my administrative appraiser talked
to me about this. So, there is two sides as to why some
teachers are hard nosed about things.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas