RE: Online list of soft carving materials (Some interesting info on printmak...

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 11:40:20 PDT

Great stuff- you can carve on both sides. I've done "double prints" with fifth
grade using Safety-Kut (we carved stripe patterns on one side and star
patterns on the other & printed one on top of the other). This year I ordered
Softoleum from Nasco because it is less expensive and thinner than Safety-Kut.
I am going to have students print over a decoupaged tissue paper background.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

> Nasco has "Soft-Cut" , really great stuff, but not an accepted material for
>Speedball contests. They insist on Linolium block. ( Hate it) Too many
>accidents.
>Patti in Fl.

---