Re: Could you draw.....

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 11:15:56 PDT

How would you like to have your own colleagues say those kinds of things
to you! I have had a few insensitive clods who think I finger paint all
day. Funny thing is alot of it comes from the math teachers. I don't
know why, it just does.
As for the fact of why everyone thinks I am the art supply store, my AP
did a wonderful thing. The art and english teachers are under the same
supervisor and my AP is a big art fan. (The supervisors in NYC are
really asst. principals; so AP for short). When he begged one semester
for money, he got enough so the english dept. could have their own art
supplies. They were ecstatic! However, that still didn't solve the rest
of the school problem. Basically, I give them the I am on a budget just
like you and I have nothing to spare speech. So far it has worked. As
much as I love the Kmart sign idea and am tempeted to use it, somebody
will take it personally and report me to my AP. Love the kids, hate the
politics!
Michele

cen_aca_dp wrote:

>I had a similar situation happen to me: after correcting a student's grammar
>(I tried not to bring THAT up again!), he looked at me and said, "If you're so
>smart, why aren't you a REAL teacher?" OUCH! I told him that that was the
>WORST thing anyone had said to me in a while and that I wa truly hurt. He
>apologized & from then on, we (the entire class) joked about it.
>
>Denise Pannell
>Defiance, OH

---