Re: Ideas for a Peace Project

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 10:56:02 PDT

cDear Denis,
If you just want to do a peace project, the Lion's Club International has a
Peace Poster contes every year...due in our town usually about Nov 12. It
has a dif. theme ech year.. One was "Planting the seeds of peace" ,
"Lighting the path to peace". Nice themes. Not allowed to attach stuff to
the project, no collage..it the kid messes up no paste over. NO words in
any language. It is usually sponsored by the local Lion's group.
Our Lion's Club has been great! Good publicity, a show that they put up in
thepublic library, winners and parents and teacher get a free lunch ( on a
school day) (this is the Noon Lion's Club in our town.

Just a thought.
Lion's Club international has a web site. I'll look it up later!
Becky Thornton

International winners are awarded prizes at the UN

---