RE: Speaking of respect...

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 08:55:56 PDT

Hi,
Yes maam and yes sir are how I answer my kids when they have questions and
I'm on-the-fly! It also covers the fact that I have anywhere from 160 -190
kids a quarter and don't always remember names right off the bat. All those
7th graders begin to look a like; cute as a button, 4 foot nothing tall. I
think I am running low on RAM memory or something after 25+ years of
teaching! ;-)

I also call my kids "Ladies and Gentlemen" when I announce that I want their
attention, when it's time to start work or time to stop and clean up.
Respect is a two-way street. I seldom have problems with disrespectful
behavior. But hey, I'm a middle aged woman with a well-honed evil teacher
glare and an overly dramatic manner!!

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School