Re: Organizing

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 07:22:53 PDT

I did something a few years ago and LOVE it. I bought big portable hanging file boxes. I put any information I have regarding a lesson/topic in a paper folder- one with the tabs in the center and pockets on the sides- and have them in the hanging file box. In the folder, I cut down the resource information that is of greatest importance and put it in the center tabs. Lessons, powerpoint notes, cd's, etc. go in the pockets. One for each grade level that I teach, and one for housekeeping (class expectations, extra copies of things during the year, information on the grading website, etc.) It is one of the best things I've done because if I'm on the run (and you know we NEVER are!) and need things to plan the next week or unit I can just go to the boxes and grab what folders I need to take with me. I was hauling around so much stuff before it was terrible. I get one or two student teachers every year and they tend to like the system and buy one of those mini portable hanging file
 boxes and carry it back and forth. Let me know if you have any questions about it. :) jancy

Gail1611@aol.com wrote:
Hi Everyone!
I brought home all of my 25 boxes of art stuff that included, examples of
elements of art, history of artists and examples of work, and folders of art
history from cave man up to now, examples of art projects, holiday folders
ideas, masks,etc. etc. My problem is I have all sorts of sixes and shapes. If
it's flat it can go in folders but i have 3-d stuff too. And all of this is in my
basement for now. Am I cleaning out as I go...... yes But it's 26 years of
collecting and I'm not ready to get rid of it yet. I do have a half year
position for next year. I need to keep it from smelling and keep it organized. Got
some suggestions for me? I'd sure appreciate! Many thanks! Gail