RE: art mobile

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 21:31:49 PDT

Stress the process and not the product. Kids at this age need to experiment,
learn how to use glue and scissors, get their hands dirty. One of my young
fives' favorite projects is to place modeling clay on plexiglass in a design
and then put another piece of plexi on top and press it together. I use
colored masking tape on the edges to seal them. Another project to teach the
primary colors & the element of line: Use black tempera to create differnt
types of lines on paper, including dotted, wavy, etc. When the black dries,
introduce the "mommy & daddy" of all the other colors, red, yellow, and blue,
and they fill in around the lines. These turn out very abstract and
interesting. Good Luck!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---