RE: HS questions

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 21:19:39 PDT

Hi,
We just had this same conversation on Middle-L listserv (middle school).
Most of the people there were really hard-nosed about due dates and proud of
it! Obviously not sensitive creative art teacher types! (smile) I will
accept late work, without penalty until the end of the grading quarter. My
trade-off is that I don't give out extra credit work.

I've found that parents are very relieved and appeased when I give them my
policy about accepting late work, rather than 'make do' extra credit work.

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA

 "There are three ways to get something done:
1. Do it yourself
2. Hire someone
3. Forbid your students to do it"