RE: Could you draw.....

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 20:51:00 PDT

I had a similar situation happen to me: after correcting a student's grammar
(I tried not to bring THAT up again!), he looked at me and said, "If you're so
smart, why aren't you a REAL teacher?" OUCH! I told him that that was the
WORST thing anyone had said to me in a while and that I wa truly hurt. He
apologized & from then on, we (the entire class) joked about it.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Deborah Bridges <dbb@elbertonga.com> =====
>Know how you fee, Martha. Been there, T-Shirt, too! But my
>granddaughter who live with me ( I'm really Mom) said as only a wise
>first grader could say when I was trying to explain her math homework:
> I told her "LISTEN TO ME!!!I'M A TEACHER!!!" in my calmest voice of
>course. She replied, "But you're just an ART teacher!" 'Course she
>knew she'd made a BIG BOOBOO when I crumpled her worksheet up and threw
>it at her as she took off to her room!!!! (Grandpa ironed it out for her
>later! Big creampuff!) We laugh now that she's twelve but it is just
>how we art teachers are perceived! Debby :-P

---