Re: Could you draw.....

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 20:28:33 PDT

Know how you fee, Martha. Been there, T-Shirt, too! But my
granddaughter who live with me ( I'm really Mom) said as only a wise
first grader could say when I was trying to explain her math homework:
 I told her "LISTEN TO ME!!!I'M A TEACHER!!!" in my calmest voice of
course. She replied, "But you're just an ART teacher!" 'Course she
knew she'd made a BIG BOOBOO when I crumpled her worksheet up and threw
it at her as she took off to her room!!!! (Grandpa ironed it out for her
later! Big creampuff!) We laugh now that she's twelve but it is just
how we art teachers are perceived! Debby :-P

martha wrote:

> Does anyone else have students and teachers asking to borrow
> supplies? Please, tell me how they can BORROW supplies such as
> paper, paint, tape, ribbon, string, rope. Students even take
> supplies without asking. Even worse are the teachers who send
> their students to my class looking for markers, glue, scissors,
> etc. for their assigned projects. One arrogant teacher sends ALL
> his students to my art room for ALL their creative needs, and then
> has the nerve to bad-mouth art as ONLY art. Sometimes, it is
> lonely at the bottom. WE are underappreciated and taken for granted.
> Martha
>
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---