due dates k-2

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 20:20:19 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <lindwood@webtv.net>

> Michal, I like your due date procedure. I'm curious to know how
> everyone handles due dates with young children in k-2.
At first everyone just works, but when I see that most students will be done
soon, I'll assign a due date. For example, I'll say, "Next clas will be our
last class to work on this project." Students who need more time may borrow
materials and work on the project during their free-time or recess time in
their classrooms, or they may take the work home and do it as homework. I
usually encourage them to do it in school so the work doesn't get "lost."
I'll accept any work up until the time I do final grades. Usually kids who
are actually going to finish, finish soon. The rest forget.

Leah

---