Re: My "Hand" Book

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 20:17:36 PDT

Just so anyone reading knows what I'm talking about, Tyvek is that paper you
can't tear. You can get it at the post office for free - one side will say
Priority Mail, but the other side is plain white. (Ask Bunki about how easy
it is to get a great stash of the stuff! *L*) Anyways, cut it into strips
and roll them, just as you would with paper beads. After the glue has dried
I take my embossing gun (my new toy that I have discovered I needed years
and years ago since I use it almost daily now!) and heat the beads abit. The
edges kind of melt together. Then I painted them - I used 3 different
metallic colors. Once dried you dip them in UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing
Enamel) and heat again until the embossing powder melts. I dip mine 2-3
times until I get a nice thick coating. You end up with a bead that looks
like it's glass coated.

Here's a couple of links to more stuff you can do with Tyvek. I used tyvek
on my hand book as well - the spiraled hands.
http://www.dollstreetdreamers.com/Tyvek.htm
http://www.embroideryadventures.com/news.htm#Tyvek_heading
~Michal

> Michal, tell me more about Tyvek beads. I am intrigued. Thanks . Heidi

---