Re: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 20:05:17 PDT

I was just trying to catch up and found your mail. I'm new with this
group and have a hugh sense of humor--I am not easily offended and guess
I think everyone's like me. I like "getting into extreme dialogue" even
over something like "at"! If you could hear me rant and rave in real
life about all kinds of trivia. My husband just ignores me! He refuses
to argue--unless it's politics!
I know one thing, we in the rural GA absolutely slay the English
language. I, thankfully, write much better than I usually talk--even
when I know the correct grammar. It just comes out Southern. I have
some funny e-mails somewhere if anyone ever wants to read some of our
special colloquialisms. I'll even translate! Debby ;-)

cen_aca_dp wrote:

>I feel the need to respond to this, since I started this whole "controversy".
>I was NOT referring to this forum, but to every day conversations with other
>people.

---