Re: HS questions

---------

From: Jacqueline Smith (jsmith_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 19:13:08 PDT

I don't penalize for late work if I haven't graded that class's work yet.
( I just shove it in the pile with the others. ha ha) If I have, the most a
student can receive for "perfect" work is an 85. Since I use a rubric for
"on-time" work, I know this is a better deal for the student. If I figured
the grade on late work using the rubric, even if the work were perfect, the
student would probably only get a 60 or 65. I know that system sounds kind
of arbitrary but it works. Also, I don't accept late daily work(40% of total
grade), like sketches, notes, worksheets, exercises...
All of the artworks (2 or more days worth of work) are worth test grades(60%
of total grade)
We use a eGrades for out gradebooks, so there is really no math involved for
me, thank the Lord!