Re: HS questions

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 17:27:35 PDT

Linda, I am probably lucky as far as my elementary students art goes. I
don't require they finish. I don't dare let them take the project with them
to finish since I would never see it again. If a student is absent they just
miss out. I don't worry about them missing out on concepts since I repeat,
repeat, repeat till I'm confident they know it. While I am expected to give
grades, I grade on improvement shown and understanding of concepts. These
are based on classroom observation. I have no clue how some of you do it -
trying to ensure all students finish every project. I'm open to the idea if
someone can explain how to do this (I have primary for 20 min. 3x a week and
intermediate 2x a week for 30 min.)
~Michal

> Michal, I like your due date procedure. I'm curious to know how
> everyone handles due dates with young children in k-2.
>
> Linda

---