RE: rush bottom chairs??

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 14:29:56 PDT

I'm sorry- I don't have a book to recommend, but I do have some insight for
you. My grandfather, like the gentleman you spoke with, is in his 70's and is
the only person in this areas who canes chairs. My cousin and I asked him
several years ago to teach us so that it would not be a "lost art", but he
said he had no patience to teach us!! Anyway, from watching him, I can tell
you that it is not an easy process and takes much practice. I am not trying to
dissuade you from learning by any means, just a head's up. On the bright side,
think of all the $ you could make in your "spare" time! LOL

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

===== Original Message From sharon@art-rageous.net =====
>Has anyone ever replaced a rush bottom seat in a chair? Is it difficult to
learn how to do?

---