Re: My "Hand" Book

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 13:23:32 PDT

Heidi, I like the idea of monthly themes. I am going to be doing books with
my middle and high school classes (different formats and ideas for each
level). I had planned on spending the first 2 weeks gathering supplies,
teaching them about different glues (amazing how I have to teach this EVERY
year!), making paper, marbling paper, making tyvek beads (I just finished
some that are very cool!), and teaching them different techniques such as
sewing pages together instead of gluing. I am going to have several
requirements for the number of techniques they must use. I gave them total
freedom last year, and got some great projects, but most immediately cut a
niche in their book and then had no clue what to put in the hole they cut.
:-)
~Michal

>hopes and dreams in August,
> work in September, Homecoming (whatever that means to them) in October,
> Thanksgiving in November, Holidays in December, Weather in January,
> Storms in February, Spring in March, New Beginnings in April and
> Farewells in May. We will work on the same book each month. I will give
> tham the option of using hands and I am going to show your book as an
> example. I did altered books years ago and I'll show them the photos of
> them, too. (it was before the invention of digital cameras).
> This is what I love about this list...it fuels my imagination. Thanks.
> Heidi in VA

---